Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend with Grandpa and Grandma P.

Nathan's Mom and Dad came to town for a long weekend this past week. It has been so nice having company and some help around the house. This was their first visit with Ellie, so it was very exciting to see them. She was such a little angel the whole time. I wish I could say the same for Mr. Fin, who in typical 2 year old fashion was a crazy mix of sweet and naughty...

 Walking on Cherry Creek Trail and throwing snowballs in the water

 
 Daddy time 

More snow throwing with Grandpa


Ellie and Grandma snuggle to warm up after playing outside
Nevertheless, we had a great time going out for pizza Downtown, taking a long walk down Cherry Creek Trail, fed the ducks at Wash Park and even went to the Botanic Gardens! Grandma and Grandma went back to Iowa on Monday, and I know Fin is very sad that the house isn't full of constant playmates anymore. I'll have to do my best to entertain him.


 Exploring the rainforest area


 Wagon ride - so exciting!

 This kid needs some winter boots, he's been loving the snow.

 He can't believe I told him it was OK to splash this puddle. You'd think I never let him play with anything from how excited he was!


Fin has been "testing his limits" lately. The other night during bathtime he was splashing like a maniac and flooding the bathroom. After telling him to settle down several times, I pulled him out and asked "why are you being naughty and not listening when Mommy tells you no-no?" He turns around and looks right in my eyes and  says "Because I DON'T want to hear it".  I had to bite my lip and turn my head so fast so he didn't see me cracking up. Then not quite as funny, last night when he dropped his dice on the floor "Dammit Mommy" - Mommy - "What did you just say?"  -Fin- " I said DAMMIT Mommy". Oh great.What a stinker.

Grandma and Grandpa brought him a BUNDLE of Christmas presents and they have all been a huge hit. His favorite toy right now by far is the new kitchen set with pots, pans and lots of the little fruits and veggies the velcro together. He is so proud that he can slice his own veggies and has been cooking up a storm. He makes lots of  soup, scrambled eggs and "butt sandwiches" (these came about from only having the ends of the bread left one day, of course Nathan had to make up a song about it and so it became Fin's favorite thing.) 

So far this week we have been to an indoor play area place where we did an art class with our friends Jen and Harper and Rebecca, Miles and Forrest. Fin made a handprint in some homemade playdough. Craftiness is not his forte I'm afraid and he had a fit that it wasn't a music class. Poor art teacher. I guess we'll stick with music related activities in the future.
 Today we met Holly and William and Kristi and Matteo for storytime at the library. Later this afternoon Nanna is coming over for some "butt sandwiches" made by Fin. Then tomorrow we are so excited to see our friends Sara and Amaya, who we haven't seen in forever! So it's a full week - the best kind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment