Monday, March 26, 2012

A collection of quotes and such


Fin and Ellie playing with their watercolors from Grandma Peoples



Fin: Hey Mama I wish I was on a team with kids and a ball and wore special shoes.
Me: Well we could probably make that happen this spring. What kind of ball do you want to play?
Fin: FIRST Basketball, then baseball, then soccer, then tennis and then (pause) do you think there's a squash court around here?
Me: uhh, probably?
Fin: Good I really want to play squash too then.
Me: ???


Fins Birth Story (as told by himself)

"So one day I woke up and you took me to the doctor. And they checked me up and then I was born. I then Daddy stuck this bellybutton on me. Then we went home."


Fin: I can't WAIT to be a Dult. (and a few days later, randomly while crossing the street) - I really want to grow up, SO BAD!

I asked if he thought it was more fun to be a kid or an adult:
With NO hesitation "Adult."
Me: "Why?"
Fin: " When I'm Adult, I'm going to have beer, wine, coffee and margaritas... Actually no margaritas."
Me: "You think that will be more fun than playing toys and climbing on the playground?"
Fin: "Well I'll just have beer and play on the playground."
Me (trying to avoid a future problem) "Umm, yeah, well, I hope you know you're gonna have a lot of chores and barely any time for riding on the slides when you're Adult."
Fin: "I am not going to be Adult until I'm 20 so I'll ride slides now and not drink the beer and NOT drink the margaritas."
Me: "Yes, good plan."


Fast Asleep in the Shopping Cart

Mom and I made Christmas cookies this year. Including rum balls. Fin was distraught that he couldn't have any and clearly thought it was some evil plan to be mean to him, to make a treat and then put "beer" in it. Now nearly everyday I'm reminded that he likes his cookies WITH NO BEER!

Speaking of beer ... when asked what he wanted Santa to bring. His answer:
Presents for Daddy and Ellie and Mommy and Fin.
A cash register and a sink for Daddy
A dolly for Ellie
Pretend beer for Mommy (she likes beer)
and Cars and trucks (and cars and trucks and trucks and cars) for Fin.

Today Fin was running around with a piece of masking tape. It was getting all wadded up and stuck to itself and he was freaking out. "Ahhh! This tape is messed up and I need it to measure stuff". I tried telling him that you don't measure with tape, as it has a tendency to stick to things and not stay straight. He wouldn't listen and insisted that his tape wasn't working correctly. I was still in the dark until he clarified it was his "Measuring Tape". Duh Mommy.


Eating Chocolate Pudding "finger paint"


Ellie was trying to grab something of Fin's - he looks at Nathan and says "Ugg, that frickin CHILD!"

Fin: When I'm 4 I'm going to be a Fireman - real! Then when I'm 14 I'm going to be a bus driver, for a city bus, probably the 0 bus. Then when I'm 15 I'll be a musician and I'll be a doctor when I'm 20!
Me: That sounds amazing!!! What do you think Ellie will do when she grows up?
Fin: Uhh, she can be my Mommy. (then to Ellie) Hey - you can be a Dult and be my Mommy and watch me in the firetruck out the window while you are drinking beer!

Clearly there is a Beer theme in our conversations lately. Hopefully this indicates only a fascination with an offlimits thing and not some underlying future problem. I'm not too worried at this point ;). However I don't know if it paints me in the best light... but in the interest of an accurate blog - these are the things he says. (sigh)... :)


Totally wiped out after playing at the playground

Fin: "Come see my band! It's a concert and the name of the band is "Zeroboygeographictongue".
Me: On the floor cracking up!
Then a few days later he announced that Zero Boy Geographic Tongue had written his first song. Titled: Barnes and Noble (we play so many trains)
It's very catchy and has been stuck in mine and Nathan's heads for several days now.


Happy lady at Storytime



A list of Ellies words as of 3/25/12

Cat (dat)
Woof (woooo!)
Horsey (hessey)
Cheese (chee)
Bubble
Pompa
YEA!
Yeah
Hi
Nanight
Mama
Dada
Bye and Buhbye
Eeeeeeee (what a horsey says)
Nana
What's that? (whasat)
Who's that? (whoooat)
Book
Ball
Vroom (playing cars or trains)
Boooooo! (what a cow says)
Hot
More (Moe)
Nurse (Nur)
Sprout (as in the PBS channel with Sesame Street - pronounces it SprOWE!)
Water (Wa)
Milk (Muh)
Gdog (G)

Hi, YEA! and What's that? being her very favorites. Her little voice is so breathy and sweet. Except when she says YEA! and BYE. She really gets those out.

And lots of other words she THINKS she is saying but are actually just either babbles or certain tones she uses that match the tone we use to say those words. But she looks so darn proud when she thinks she's told us something.


She also sings E i e i Ooooo for Old McDonald. And her favorite song "Hey Mr. Knickerbopper" She pats her legs and says "Bop Bop"

 
She also does a few signs. I just haven't ever dedicated the time to teaching her that I did with Fin.
But she does do

Water
Milk
More
Light
Where
What (which she usually uses the "where" sign, but you have to take it in context) ;)
Eat
All Done
Please
Nurse


Big girl on the tire swing


HeeeeeeeHeeee Mummmummmmuuum!" I guess she figured someone should enjoy it. :)



Lightening the cat food eating horse

Today Fin was standing on his stool watching me make sandwiches. He grabbed two twisty ties off the counter and threw them on the floor.
Fin" Hey pick those up right now"
Me " umm, no. You threw them on purpose, you pick them up"
Fin (in his best completely exasperated voice) "Mommy I am going to be a Boss someday when I grow up. So right now I'm learning how to be a Boss and you have to help teach me. So I'm learning and you pick that up, now!"
Me - totally bewildered,  I pick them up.


A rare smile for a picture (at storytime)




Proud moment

Ellie tried to bite Fin
Fin " Ellie PLEASE do NOT bite me. I'm your BEST friend and that's not how you treat your friends. I'm not even your naughty friend. I'm your BEST friend."



 

1 comment: